Let Your Kid Feel Important
and Develop a great
relationship with their
Fur-Sibling(s) by helping
with these simple tricks!
they're Human Safe
Just a few of Michigan's
Dog Friendly Beaches
State Parks and Recreation Areas with pet-friendly shorelines:
- Brighton Recreation Area - There is a pet-friendly section of shoreline available on Chilson Pond.
- Burt Lake State Park - A section of pet-friendly shoreline is available on Burt Lake.
- Grand Mere State Park - Pets are allowed on the entire length of the Lake Michigan shoreline (1 mile).
- Harrisville State Park - A pet-friendly section of shoreline is available at the north end of the camper's beach. This section of shoreline is available via a foot trail near site #103.
- McLain State Park - A portion of the Lake Superior shoreline at F.J. McLain State Park is pet-friendly.
- Mears State Park - The southernmost section of shoreline at Mears is pet-friendly.
- Otsego Lake State Park - There is a section of pet-friendly shoreline on Otsego Lake, however it is only accessible via a flight of stairs near site 64. During times of high water, this area becomes even less accessible.
- Porcupine Mountains Wilderness State Park - Pets (except service animals) are not allowed in any of the state buildings including rustic cabins/yurts and modern lodges. Pets are welcome on the trails, in the campgrounds and along the shoreline.
- Port Crescent State Park - A section of pet-friendly shoreline is available near the mouth of the Pinnebog River. This area is accessible via the steel bridge that connects to the hiking trails closest to the campground.
- South Higgins Lake State Park - There are two pet-friendly areas of shoreline at South Higgins Lake State Park. The first is for campers-only and is near the west campground. The second area is in the day use area.
- Tawas Point State Park - A pet-friendly section of shoreline is available on Tawas Bay between the campground and the lighthouse. This pet-friendly area is enclosed by fencing and is the only shoreline-area in the park where pets are allowed. Pets are prohibited in all other beach-areas as well as the Sandy Hook Trail.
- Warren Dunes State Park - Pets are allowed north of the northernmost swim buoy at the beach, providing 2.5 miles of Lake Michigan shoreline.